Re: comments on latest MIME drafts

1995-05-23 02:43:38
The area directors will happily shoot down any attempt to introduce
inconsistent terminology within a single IETF standard.

The area directors will also happily shoot down the idea that there is
great value attached to conforming to one of the several variants of character
set terminology in use in various corners of ISO.

At the moment, we might think that the 10646 WG is winning the terminology
battle, but guessing the outcome of other people's terminology battles is a
losing game - we can't even guess too well about our own!

At least, that is how I remember the argument at Danvers.

     Harald A