Re: How we are planning to embed HTML in messages

1995-05-17 09:08:01
 "Ben Liblit" <liblit(_at_)zex(_dot_)z-code(_dot_)com> writes:
On May 16,  3:53pm, Chris Newman wrote:
Perhaps a simpler and better approach would be to have a new
multipart type, say "multipart/embedded", where the first part is a
hypermedia format (e.g. text/html) with references to the other parts.
For an existing proposal along these lines, see
<draft-ietf-mimesgml-multipart-rel-00.txt>:
This draft even gives an example of embedded images, though in that case it
is a JPEG embedded within a general SGML document.

I'm aware of multipart/related, and feel the optional "start"
parameter makes it unnecessarily complex.  In order to parse a
multipart/related with a start parameter, you need to make multiple
passes across the message.
-----
Chris Newman                 WWW - http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/cn0h/