Content-Where? and caching

1995-11-03 14:11:28
In the thread "The TEXT/HTML Content Type in e-mail" and others
theres been some discussion about providing a content-where? header
to indicate the (absolute) URL of the body part body.  I wish to
address the caching issues related to that header.

Content-Disposition provides a filename suggestion.  If that name were
a URL where would it stored?  I'd like to see it stored in the cache
but how would the MIME MUA know were to store it.  The cache location
and structure depends on the local browser.  At present those are
likely to be independent software applications.

Using the suggestion cDisp: INLINE; HREF=url what should happen?  Who
and what gets the file in a place where the browser can read it?

Does anyone else see this as an issue?  Have any ideas about the
implementation implications?  Would having to deal with caching
require us to have a different header?

Ed