Re: The TEXT/HTML Content Type in e-mail

1995-11-20 08:59:13
On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Al Gilman wrote:

  are equivalent. And we should consider whether

  should be written using Content-Disposition, e.g., with:

  since the location presented is not *actually* the location of the
  data, but rather the header says that you should treat the embedded
  content AS IF it were at that location.

That was not the way I intended it when I wrote the IETF draft.
My intention was that "Content-Location" should only be used when
it includes a real URL/URI which can be used to really retrieve
the content. In cases where the content is not available via
remote access, only as part of the e-mail message, then my
intention was to use the "file name" or "cid" method.

Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm University and KTH)