Re: The Bcc Issue

2004-08-16 04:55:39

perhaps, but an agent should not be performing that part of the MUA's
function for messages accepted via the SUBMISSION protocol.

I never said it was or should do so. But what people actually run on various ports is, in the final analysis, their own affair. We can only state whether or
not something is standards compliant.

we can do a bit better than that - we can also state that we design and test things to interoperate when they comply with the standards, and not (in general) under other conditions. if someone writes or configures a protocol engine to deviate from the standards, he does so at the risk of degrading interoperability, and impairing the network for his own users and possibly for others. very few users have the background and analysis skills to understand the implications of deviating from the standards.