Diabling Replies

2004-08-16 11:40:51

JJP> Bcc actually has two functions:
JP> (2) To stop replies, i.e. working as a kind of "Non-Reply-To".

While I think it would be entirely reasonable for an rMUA to take the
presence of BCC as meaning that the rMUA should not allow a reply
command to automatically include TO or CC, I do not believe that it a
common rMUA behavior.  In fact, I've never heard of it.

In the earliest version of MH (pre-Rose), the posting command sent the
BCC copy separately from the To/CC copy.  One of the things is did was
to make To and CC be [To] and [CC].  So they looked like normall to and
cc fields, but the reply commands did not see them present.

This got removed from later versions of MH and I haven't see anything
similar since then.

Accidentally copying to the to and cc folks is certainly an important
issue.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>