Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-19 13:44:54

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Keith Moore wrote:

Note that there's a subtle but useful difference between a reply that is
addressed To the author of the subject message with a CC to the list,
and a reply that is addressed To the list (with or without a CC to the
author).

I suspect that the vast majority of people would not understand this
subtlety, and would therefore not take care to make the UAs behave
accordingly. I, for one, do not really see any real difference in
practice. I certainly don't pay any attention to the details of what my
MUA does when I reply-to-all, though sometimes I wish it would generate