Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-20 12:31:38

Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:

(not that I always take so much care in making sure to and cc are
appropriately used - I get lazy too sometimes - but in this particular
instance they were appropriately used.)

Given that the mail clients that I've used tend to fill out To and Cc
nearly at random, I think there's already so much noise involved that
trying to extract any information from whether someone is on the To or Cc
lines is a lost cause *for replies*.  I agree with you much more for
original messages, where the sender has addressed the message by hand.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>