Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-26 19:21:27

Arnt Gulbrandsen writes:
How many per cent of all messages seen on the net does Mutt generate?

Are you asking about Google hits? 442000 for user-agent-mutt, 622000 for
user-agent-mozilla, 129000 for x-mailer-microsoft, and 45900 for
x-mailer-qualcomm, for example.

Or do you mean all mailing-list messages? Weighted by number of
subscribers, or not? Either way, access to the information is difficult.
I can tell you about the lists I read (110535 Mutt messages out of
717790 messages), but of course there are many other mailing lists.

Or do you mean all Internet mail? Here the information is, obviously,
extremely difficult to collect, and the relevance to Mail-Followup-To is
questionable.

---D. J. Bernstein, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics,
Statistics, and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago