Re: Understanding response protocols

2004-09-27 05:03:52

In principle I mean all internet mail, with only such exceptions that have solid justification.

Even though mailing lists users are differerent in principle from the general population, I've never found an exception I can formulate and justify robustly. Fuzzy exceptions are easy to find. Exceptions based on the population of unix types who were on the internet fifteen years ago too.

One way to get a proxy for a general list would be to look at all incoming mail at a couple of big ISPs in different countries. To the extent the user-agent lists match, that should be a decent proxy.

If any big ISPs would play...

Arnt