Re: reply etiquette

2004-09-29 09:28:02

Charles Lindsey writes:
Does anyone else on this list see a problem?

Yes. Personally I don't care, but I see the problem.

For example, some people sort mail into folders on delivery. If replies to a message from me contains header fields such as "To: ... arnt" or "Cc: ... arnt", that means I could file them where I'll notice them.

The same thing could be achieved with a little bit of references parsing and a database lookup, but the software people use now can't do that. (procmail and various sieve implementations are typical examples.)

Arnt