RE: [Asrg] Several Observations and a solution that addresses them all

2003-03-11 14:30:25
So then I suppose the ISPs block inbound connections to your
authentication port.  And then once that happens someone starts up a
server offshore selling authentication services for domains.  And
they keep moving the IP address around using different relays at
different offshore machines.

By detecting a burst of auth requests for this user, we can make sure he
gets limited to 50 or 100 messages - far less than the 1000s he could send
before he can show up on any kind of spam list. This greatly effects his
delivery rate and makes it hard for him to make any kind of money. (Assuming
he gets paid by address, or if he buys by the address, it turns most of his
list into junk.) It also makes it a lot more hassle to spam.