Re: [Asrg] Several Observations and a solution that addresses them all

2003-03-11 15:03:15
At 12:46 PM -0800 3/11/03, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
I'd argue that the relationship is between the subscriber and the mailing list, and that's what ought to be validated. It's up to the mailing list to validate what can be sent by it, but the user's relationship is with the list, not with all of the users on the list.

And in fairness to Jason, that would work properly in his system. Because the mailing list changes the envelope from. It would, however break with forwarders and more simplistic lists.

That assumes we are validating the return-path though.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.