RE: RE: [Asrg] Several Observations and a solution that addresses them all

2003-03-11 07:56:07
You have to break eggs to make an omelet. There is no solution to spam that
will not wind up costing the same as or being cheaper than current email.

What we can do is create a system where the cost of email+spamproofness <
cost of email+spam. I believe that is a good technical definition of success
in this task.

Validating a from address is trivial.

And don't understand your last statement.

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On
Behalf Of Jon
Kyme
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:08 AM
To: Jason Hihn
Cc: ASRG
Subject: Re: RE: [Asrg] Several Observations and a solution that
addresses them all

I'm not concerned. Get the spam off the net, and watch reliability go up.
;-)

You're not concerned that your proposal would impose a cost (any cost) on
innocent systems which haven't subscribed to it?

You're not concerned that validating a "from address" is a non-trivial
problem?

Fine. However, that doesn't stop these being "concerns" in a non-personal
sense.