[Asrg] RE: [Sag] Several Observations and a solution that addresses them all

2003-03-11 14:35:26
-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of Chris
Lewis
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 3:41 PM
Cc: ASRG
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Several Observations and a solution that addresses
them all

Jason Hihn wrote:
Now I go back to your server and say, "is
jhihn(_at_)paytimepayroll(_dot_)com a
valid address" and your server says, "what the hell are you talking
about, I've gotten hundreds of queries about this person, but they
did not send mail to nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com, they only sent email
asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)  Must be a spammer.  Not valid."

Exactly. You have no rights to my info if I did not send to
you. Don't speak
until spoken to.

But you _did_ send email to him.  Via _this_ mailing list.  How was your
mail server supposed to know that the IETF mailing server forwarded it
to him?

I did not send to him, I sent to the list. The list then sent it out.
The list would be authenticated by his server, and pass.