RE: [Asrg] This research group will fail

2003-03-19 22:25:56

And when it doesn't exist the Police are not rendered
ineffective ( ask
the Police in the U.K. where ID cards are not used at all )

UK law requires every business to list on its letterhead its
registered office at which service can be effected.

I believe spam is a social evil and requires a social cure.
There are not
Technical answers to all problems. Spam is a case in point.

It is a purely technical problem, the email infrastructure
was designed to be used by a small number of people most of
whom were highly expert and almost none of whom would attack
the network.

Today the network is vast, approaching a billion users. Almost
all of whom are clueless technically and a very large number
of whom are malicious if not outright evil.

You go off and try solving the social problems if you like.
I believe you will find that they are far less tractable than
technical approaches that face the reality of the social
constraints.

I don't care whether you are a slave to a right wing ideology
like the sender pays people for whom a market is the solution
to every ill or a slave to a left wing ideology like the
anti-corporativists for whom the problem is always a corporate
interest and the solution always to eliminate the corporations.
If you are a slave to an ideology you become an idiot.

                Phill