Re: [Asrg] Requirements for gathering statistics

2003-03-24 09:21:18
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:
I'm curious what are your ideas on how to do it in more in terms of
scientific research.

  By that, I would mean "research conducted according to established
scientific methods."

... After we have this statistics (how?) we a
certain sample can be chosen for each of the groups and then statistics
gathered. Just doing sample at aol or at enterprise will not provide
accurate statistics!

  You're arguing against a position no one advocated.

 3. Count of IP's
  a) number of IP's sending spam
Please by geographical area. When reverse dns is present - by country
(.cn) and by larger isp net (i.e. dsl at verizon, etc)

  I disagree completely.  Asking for those statistics will likely mean
that many companies will not participate.

 4. Costs associated with dealing with spam
  a) administrative (network support solely due to spam
Difficult to quantify ...

  So?  They can pick a ballpark number.  It's still better than
nothing.

II) Current Solutions which address the problem
 1) blacklists
What kind of blacklists!!!

  That question should be initially avoided.  There is too much
emotion involved in the issue.

  Alan DeKok.