Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-28 22:16:31
At 3:09 PM +1100 3/29/03, Troy Rollo wrote:
At 18:07 28/03/03 -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
More clueless bounces going on, tried to tell Troy that the only
latin phrase understood in the US these days is 'oderint dum metuant'
and I got bounced (see bellow)

It's not a "clueless bounce". It's a black listing. It's there because Verisign (your employer), is a spammer. Perhaps you are the clueless one for not realising this.

You know. It's responses like this that really make me understand why most of the ISPs I talk to hate the anti-spam organizations more than the spammers.

Let's try two basic principals and work from there.

1. It is extremely rude to bounce email from people on this list. *Especially* people whom you have sent email to. If you have filters that might block email from people on this list, then whitelist the list. If you can't do that, then use a different address. (Can we put something like this on the list's web page?)

2. If you can't say something nice.  Don't say anything at all.

Sheesh.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering