Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-29 13:01:14
At 12:31 PM -0600 3/29/03, wayne wrote:
You can check the archive, but Phillip was the first to call someone
"clueless".  I think you analogy would be closer to "I assume that if

No. He called the blacklist of his IP address clueless. Personally I don't take it as a insult when someone calls a decision made by my software "clueless". Nor, for that matter, do I consider "clueless" much of an insult. I probably manage to attain that state several times a day.

A funny story about the JamSpam folks.  I looked into signing up on
their mailing lists, but I refuse to have to disclose things like my
birth date to be use for advertising purposes just to subscribe to a
mailing list.  I sent email to admin(_at_)jamspam(_dot_)org asking if there was

Yes. This is a bit of Topica sliminess. I reached the same conclusion, and while I was composing my flame to Berlind, I got confirmation of being added to the list. If you read Topica's confirmation web page very carefully you'll discover that while they very strongly imply that you won't be subscribed until you fill it out--in fact that don't come out and say that.

However it does appear that you can't read the archives without giving up private information. Given that I was subscribing to a list about privacy and spam, I found that particularly ironic. I'm currently attempting to see if we can have the lists moved to a host without these problems (namely, mine).
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.