Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-29 21:14:07
At 1:40 PM -0800 3/29/03, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
My topica amusement came when I signed up for the high volume jamspam and posted to it, only to get three (count them) three vacation/OOF messages in reply. I was in the middle of a good rant when I stopped to check, and sure

You aborted the rant?  Then maybe I should finish the one I was about to send.

enough, the topica mail list was missing any precedence header at all. So I

I don't see that the Precedence header is required for the rant. A vacation notice is a notice of non-delivery. It should go to the envelope from. (Never mind that it shouldn't go to any message that doesn't list you in the headers--but that part doesn't have an RFC to back it up.)
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.