Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-30 00:48:55

On Saturday, March 29, 2003, at 07:08  PM, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

Actually that is another issue, which I mentioned under 'lets
fix mailing lists'. The problem as I see it is that there should be
three options for mailing list messages, reply to the original
author, reply to the list and reply to all.

Mailman 2.1 has put some significant work in this area. By supporting the List-* headers, it makes reply/reply-all/reply-list possible, if only mail clients would support it. The information is now there. its' also gone a step further, and allows users to "opt out" of the message from the list if the list sees that address in the To: or CC: lines, so that the user will end up only getting one copy, thus (mostly) ending that argument....