Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-29 16:05:20
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:30:10 +1100
Troy Rollo <asrg(_at_)troy(_dot_)rollo(_dot_)name> wrote:

But of course I also consider anything that sacrifices the
availability of anonymity in email to be a bad thing.

Please clarify.  Do you limit that to human identity, or both human and
network identity?

I largely suspect that the problem per se can't be handled until/unless
we have full audit trails which can be tracked backward to the point
where a given message entered the "mail network".  The trust metrics
involved can be pretty soft -- the primary NO GO zone for me is removing
the autonomous decentralised peer-to-peer nature of SMTP, or its
store-and-forward characteristics.  I'd like to preserve deliberate
anonymity, but I'm willing for those cases to be clearly visible (big
flashing neon signs, "THE AUTHOR MADE THIS ANONYMOUS" etc).

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?