Re: [Asrg] More clueless spam bounces

2003-03-29 19:28:33
At 19:02 29/03/03 -0700, Vernon Schryver wrote:
Did the other person send mail to the gentleman at Verisign?  I guessed
from context that the only private mail was from the Verisign employee
to the other person, probably consisting of additional, private copies
of the Verisign employee's public messages.  Is that guess wrong?

There were some copies of on-list messages, but no strictly private messages.

For decades I've felt that extra, private copies of one's public words
suggest an unseemly belief that their importance that justifies heroic
efforts to ensure they are not lost.

I think that's a little over the top, but yes, I would normally regard private copies as unnecessary, except in limited circumstances.
--
Troy Rollo                              Chairman, CAUBE.AU
asrg(_at_)troy(_dot_)rollo(_dot_)name                   Executive Director,