Re: [Asrg] ASRG meeting minutes

2003-04-08 09:08:57
Paul Judge <paul(_dot_)judge(_at_)ciphertrust(_dot_)com> wrote:
Russell volunteered to record minutes and provided a valid set of minutes.
He has already stated that he reviewed his notes and feels that he captured
"anything substantive". Therefore, your claim that anything was
intentionally left out is incorrect and inappropriate.

  My contention was that the minutes were incomplete, not that there
was any intention to deceive, or to leave substantive portions out.

Your expectations of minutes are flawed. The minutes are not intended to be
transcripts, but rather a "thorough summary of the issues discussed during
the working group/BOF sessions".
http://www.ietf.org/instructions/minutes.html

  I did say "rough transcripts", not "complete transcripts".

  As posted, the minutes summarized the talks, and gave little more
information.  If that is sufficient, then a simple re-post of the
agenda, with pointers to HTML versions of the talks would appear to be
adequate minutes.

  I'm not comfortable with that concept.

I sent the minutes to the list for review about a week ago. If you have
anything that you feel is missing that would help to provide a thorough
summary to those not in attendance, then you can reply with that information
to the list.

  I agree.  I have nothing substantive to add to the minutes, as I
didn't make my own record of what was happening.  I failed to speak up
a week ago, because I felt that my lack of additional information
would prevent me from making a positive contribution to the minutes.

  My concern was that (as a matter of process), issues brought up in
questions may not have been brought up in the prepared talks, and that
those additional issues should generally be reflected in any minutes.

 However, if you have any more accusations about the volunteers,
it would be appropriate to send those directly to me or the individual, not
to the list.

  If my comments appeared to be an accusation, I apologize to Russell,
and to the group.

  Alan DeKok.