Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (yet another C-R system?)

2003-04-09 18:43:27
At 06:01 PM 4/9/2003 -0600, John Fenley wrote:

I'm sorry. what?
are you arguing that we might as well "be in the arms race" rather than skip ten years ahead to what must be the final solution?

Have you heard of polio or smallpox?
Both of these took a direct effort to stop. stopping the problem cold is the key to success.

Amen. I'd say assume ASRG commands tremendous resources or can inspire those with tremendous resources. Plan for what can be done with tremendous resources, if such are required. Better to use a massive amount of resources and wipe spam out quickly than to be mingy and have it persist on and on and on.

Right now that is just words. It can become reality. It took an immensely broad effort to wipe out smallpox but it was done. There's an advantage to wiping out spam: almost all spam has to travel though the internet (isn't local.) There can't be pockets of spam like pockets of smallpox: it pretty much all travels the same pathways.