RE: [Asrg] Legal Suggestions ....

2003-04-17 07:42:16
I also agree.  Legal solutions are already being worked on, but are never
going to be sufficient to adequately solve the problem.  The most that a
legal solution can do is bring some measure of uniformity to the law, making
spam easier to address.  The only true, effective solution is going to be a
technical one, IMHO.

-Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric D. Williams [mailto:eric(_at_)infobro(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 9:34 AM
To: 'Vernon Schryver'; asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] Legal Suggestions ....

I agree,

IMHO, continued focus on 'lawyering' is not an appropriate pursuit.  Indeed,
we
should consider the impact of developing a solution and how it may be used
leverage legal frameworks or enforcement but if we are attempting to define
legal solution, I think that is best left to 'legal' society.  This is a
technical forum and (as I said, we should consider but...)  we should be
focused on technical solutions/approaches.

-e

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003 10:30 PM, Vernon Schryver