RE: [Asrg] Hello- and my 2 cents

2003-04-22 20:23:59
At 2:11 PM -0600 4/22/03, Art Pollard wrote:
Eventually, I believe, everybody would switch over and that old mailbox would be like the USENET alt.* groups that are so full of spam nobody bothers to read them anymore.

Actually, the better you get at blocking spam, the more dangerous this gets. Because you are less likely to check the box, and more likely to miss a critical message. Especially when you're getting 3-400 spam messages a day and your false positive rate is well under 1%.

And then the issue becomes. How long is it going to be before you notice that your bank's automatic notice of an overdrawn account sits in your challenge-response folder before you see it.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.