Re: [Asrg] Spam Control Complexity -- scaling, adoption, diversit y and scenarios [evidence for legal actions]

2003-04-22 20:24:13
At 9:57 PM +0200 4/22/03, Andrzej Filip wrote:
e.g. making MTAs record bounces to non existing local addresses may help in legal actions against "sender faking" spammers.

It woul require MTA to reject messages from <> to non existing local recipient in reply to "final dot" insted of reply to RCPT TO: => bounce but keep for possible legal action

Legally require people to keep a copy of bounces to non-existent addresses?
Sigh.  Time to buy another disk I guess.

Of course there's the minor problem that that means I have to collect the message instead of bounce it at RCPT time. Who's going to pay for the upgrade to my bandwidth?
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.