Re: [Asrg] Protecting Legitimate Commercial Email (was Re: ESPC P roposal)

2003-05-01 15:20:57
From: Barry Shein <bzs(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com>

 > I'm pretty sure Barry Shein does. Perhaps he could chime in on whether
 > that's just an empty threat, though.

I have in the past charged customers for spam cleanup tho we haven't
had a real* spamming incident arising from here in years

My code book says that translates into the observation that contrary
to some claims, ISPs that really care about stopping spam do not
have spam problems.  An alternate idiom is that the Internet is
segregating itself into spam-friendly and spam-hostile neighborhoods
with various sorts of filtering robots manning the barricades.