Re: [Asrg] Call to Arms: Securing E-Mail, Controlling Spam, Empowering Users (fwd)

2003-05-08 19:29:29
>From: J C Lawrence <claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu>
>
>PIFR has a crypto based proposal on the boards for spam control called
>Tripoli:
>  http://www.pfir.org/tripoli-overview
>Its got the same CA-based identity verification problems as the other
>crypto proposals we've seen here.

Apparently this proposal has caught media interest, it just appeared as a story on SlashDot:

http://slashdot.org/articles/03/05/08/1559216.shtml?tid=126&tid=111&tid=95

A quote from the press release:

"People For Internet Responsibility (PFIR) co-founders Lauren Weinstein and Peter G. Neumann today called on the Internet and Open-Source Communities to consider a proposal for the most significant and far-reaching changes to e-mail systems since the creation of the Internet and its ancestor ARPANET more than 30 years ago."

I guess the "Internet and Open Source Communities"  also refers to us.