Re: RE: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Non Spam must go through

2003-07-08 13:09:49

On July 8, 2003 at 20:23 jrk(_at_)merseymail(_dot_)com (Jon Kyme) wrote:
You mean not accepting connections from some host drives them to
hammer on your firewall?
I think that this is a truly exceptional situation.

The term of art is "requeue & retry", which would be the standard
behavior of every MTA I've ever worked with upon connection failure.

Put 10,000 spam msgs headed for your host on some server and even 30
minute retry times don't help much, they get to the end of the list
and they're ready to start again with the first one which failed.

 For which exceptions
should clearly be made. I'm surprised that you manage to conserve resource
by accepting these connections and blackholing the messages.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*