Re: [Asrg] 3. Requirements - Proposed Changes for Document

2003-11-17 18:31:24
Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>:
Historically all discussions on the definition of spam in the group have
not come to a fruitful conclusion. According to the technical
considerations document, the term "unsolicited bulk email" is used as a
working definition. See the following:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-spam-techconsider-02.txt
http://www.opengroup.org/messaging/public/oct-2003/spam/shafranovich.pdf
(sections 2.1-2.3)

In case there is any doubt in the matter, I am fully behind this definition and
have no desire to take us down terminological black holes.  My glossary-writing
was intended to support it, not dispute it.