Re: [Asrg] FeedBack loops

2008-11-14 10:15:02
At 04:30 14-11-2008, der Mouse wrote:
It's always seemed broken to me.  Unless there's been a history of
unsub attacks or some such to justify it, I can't see any reason to
require confirmation for unsubs.  Ideally it would be a
per-subscription option, since people as well as lists can have a
history of attracting the sort of people who'll forge unsubs.

It's better not to wait for the unsub attacks to prevent it from happening. Sometimes we may take an action based on the information we receive from a list. Without the confirmation, we would not be aware that the information may no longer be available to us.