Re: [Asrg] FeedBack loops

2008-11-14 12:17:39
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:30 AM, der Mouse
<mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org> wrote:

It's always seemed broken to me.  Unless there's been a history of
unsub attacks or some such to justify it, I can't see any reason to
require confirmation for unsubs.  Ideally it would be a
per-subscription option, since people as well as lists can have a
history of attracting the sort of people who'll forge unsubs.

Unsub attacks are very real, and were once an effective but blunt
mailing list argument tactic.The logic went something like:  Why
should I killfile this flamer when I can jwith equal ease unsub him
and save the rest of the list readership the trouble?  He's a luser
anyway so he'll just think its a slow list day.

--
"When laws are outlawed, only outlaws will have laws" -- Ginger Root