Re: [Asrg] Email Postage (was Re: FeedBack loops)

2008-11-17 15:58:27

Ya know, if confirmation from ISPs message queueing systems could just
ripple back to the end-user a message like:

      Message Accepted.

      You have sent 9,731 messages today.

      If that seems wrong your computer may
      be infected, please click here: [HELLLPPP!]

                     [Looks OK]

or the moral equivalent thereof I'd imagine a lot of zombie pc's would
get cleaned up (assuming the help was really of help.)

It's the logical follow-up to blocking port 25. Now that they can't
get out use the submission count for something.

It could also warn that maybe you're about to exceed some quota, do
not ignore this or you won't be able to send email at all, you have
ignored this message N times don't say we didn't warn you, etc.

--
        -Barry Shein

The World              | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Login: Nationwide