Re: [Asrg] actual possible improvements, was Email Postage

2008-11-18 07:23:56

--On 17 November 2008 22:35:10 +0000 John Levine <asrg(_at_)johnlevine(_dot_)com> wrote:

I still think there's some interesting research to be done about what
you'd do with reliable sender identities.  It's easy enough to
whitelist mail from people you already know, but is there anything
clever one might do with an identity that you can trust to be stable
but you know nothing else about?

Well, there's a bunch of top level domains that I'd be happy to whitelist when I see a dkim or spf pass, like ".gov", ".gov.uk", .ac.uk, .coop. All on the basis that registration of domains is not cheap and easy, and that it should be relatively easy to find a sysadmin to speak to if I see abuse.

Of course, I'd still subject their traffic to virus testing.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex