Re: [Asrg] Soundness of silence

2009-06-17 07:04:51
der Mouse wrote:
Vernon's list is not really helpful, except for trying and discourage
potential submitters.

You're reading it too literally.  The "sound advice" is not present
overtly; it could perhaps be phrased "make sure you're not falling into
any of these traps if you want to be taken seriously rather than
eliciting just pointing and laughing".

Although some of those traps aim at sounding out technical skills of spam-killer wannabes, many of them indulge in psychological, social, or economical aspects of their personality. Does that mean anti-spam is a sort of psychological task? A technical specification shouldn't be immersed in that sort of endeavors: it should just provide just means. Given a fair basis, it is unconceivable that a few individuals can subvert the world's order. (Well, once we've learned how to do that, we should apply it to politics as well :-)