Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-19 05:43:42
Offhand, I don't see anything there that explains what's wrong with
putting records other than PTR under an rDNS zone.  Certainly _some_
non-PTR record types cause no problems, such as CNAME and zone cut
administrative records like SOA and NS.  In short, I don't see what's
wrong with XM from a technical standpoint.  What am I missing?

As I recall, it was about systems that "know" that there'll never
be anything but PTR, zone cuts, and maybe CNAME in the rDNS.  In
theory it could be fixed, but as we know the difference betweeen
theory and practice is greater in practice than it is in theory.

R's,
John