Re: [Asrg] Spam Salt, an email sender authentication mechanism

2010-09-28 12:19:03
 On 28.09.2010 18:49, Steve Atkins wrote:
There are some obvious flaws with this from your brief description. It's
possible that you've addressed them in your full document.

But if you want people to look at it in more detail you might want to expand on
the patent and intellectual property rights you're claiming, and the terms
under which the patent will be licensed to implementors (it's possible that I
should be able to infer that from the mention of openinventionnetwork - but
from a quick read of their website, it appears that they don't offer patent
licenses to anyone other than Linux developers, so I'm presuming I'm reading
that wrong).

I can't speak for my employer nor for the OIN, other than quoting what's publicly available.

Quoting from http://www.openinventionnetwork.com/about_faq.php :

"Open Invention Network’s mission is to further software innovation by acquiring patents to be used for cross-licensing purposes to defend the Linux System - making them available on a royalty-free basis."

"We are making the patents available royalty-free, and all we ask in return is that the licensee agrees not to assert its patents against Linux."

See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Invention_Network#Views_on_Open_Invention_Network

Regards,
Kai