Re: [Asrg] UCEPROTECT's comment on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-02-28 19:24:17
On 2/28/2011 6:40 PM, Claus v. Wolfhausen wrote:

So the listtes are not hold hostage, they get right now the expirience
that they would also have if we would not offer expedited expressdelistings
at all.

You really don't know anything at all about me or what I do do you? What your buddies (if they actually exist) have accomplished so far is inconsequential.

Three complaints.  Wow.

Plus one who has read the BCP and is urging us to stick by our guns. It's quite amusing and I'll see if I can get permission to copy it here.

Ordinarily, I'd just ignore it - far far less than either Matt or I are used to handling on a routine basis (for me well over a decade, Matt almost as long). Matt and I aren't exactly newbies at this after all.

However, UCEProtect's actions have brought both of our employers into it. I am required to report threats against my company, and I have. It will very rapidly escalate past a point where I can control let alone stop their reaction.

You, your CEO, and whomever else actually exists over there have some serious thinking to do.

This stunt of UCEProtect's has backfired as should be pretty obvious by now.

For your sake, when the head of corporate security phones me tomorrow, I hope I can tell them that this is over and they can forget about it.