Re: [Asrg] : Re: UCEPROTECT's comment on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-02-28 15:21:37
Ahhhhh Mr. Linefeed of SPAMHAUS....
I asked myself a full day how long it would take for you to show up on the
scene and blow into that "MUST" horn of Section 2.2.5....

Your vote for a "MUST" here has clearly shown that your evening prayer is:
"Oh lord, let spammers be also active by tomorrow, so that I can stay in the
Anti-Spam-Business".

You have seen that more and more ISPs are blocking port 25 thanks to the
bastards that are blocking based on hardlinerlists like our Level 3 and spam
decreased dramatically over the last year.
This will be interesting for the audience that is not reading NANAE:

It is not in the commercial interests of SPAMHAUS that endusers are educated
to secure their systems, so that spammers can't abuse them.
Why? Because it would obsolete the Spamhaus PBL (BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH)

While we try to force providers to install port 25 blockers, what is Mr.
Linefeed doing?
How many people here are aware that shitlists as the PBL (Bahhhhhhhhhh) can
not be a solution?
The PBL is there for nothing else than to allow providers to cheat their
customers and to pay Mr Linefeed...
How unethical and stinking is it that providers sell "unlimited" internet
access to their customers, but nominating their dynamics into the SPAMHAUS
PBL?
Now see what we are doing:
We are the only lists that tries to enforce providers to block port 25 on
their dynamics / homeusers per default as recommended by the MAAWG since
2005....
We are doing that by escalating the complete ASN into Level 3 if the
provider is not limiting the abuse which originates from their botnets...

Exactly there is the difference between  PBL and our Level 3:
Our approach is to disable spammers ability to use botnets by tomorrow...
Mr. Linefeeds approach is to protect his paying customers against spammers
while avoiding to hurt spammers too badly, so that he can stay in the
Anti-Spam-Business" with his commercial SPAMHAUS DNSBL.
Therfore the SPAMHAUS is listing some of the little and unimportant spammers
like SPAMDREW (NANAE readers know whom I'm talking about) but one should not
expect the real bad guys to get listed in the SPAMHAUS DNSBL.
We (tinw) have also very often seen that Mr.Linefeed has serious issues to
see (and list) spam even from long-term spamming locations, if the ISP that
harbors said spammers is a commercial customer of SPAMHAUS.
That can of course be a coincidence, but I don't believe in such things.

Claus von Wolfhausen
Technical Director
UCEPROTECT-Network
http://www.uceprotect.net