Re: [Asrg] UCEPROTECT's comment on draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-07

2011-02-28 13:20:08
On 28/Feb/11 01:39, Claus v. Wolfhausen wrote:
Your comparison with cars is not correct and lacks simple logic.
What you are sugessting is comparable to following situation: A
city or a district authority would charge all car-owners with the
fines for speeding because speeding accidentally can happen to
anyone sometimes. (So at least did the excuse for losers that get
hacked sound to me).

What we are doing is comparable to real world examples. We are the
city or district authority and we allow usage of our roads free of
charge for all. Those that are caught speeding get fined.

And that's unfair!  I recall a local case of town administrators
trying to fine drivers for revenue[*].  Actually, being fined is only
tolerated when done by public officers, who supposedly act in the
interest of the community.  Self-appointed officers who'd keep the
money to cover their expenses would be shot on sight.

--
[*]
http://www.banthecams.org/20100503178/Italy-Prosecution-Advances-in-Red-Light-Camera-Fraud-Scandal-Newspaper.com.html