[ietf-dkim] Re: dkim service

2005-10-13 06:34:38
I think Ned's words are well chosen. And it is important to separate the two functions. If all we wanted was integrity protection of the message we have well defined mechanisms today (PGP and S/MIME come immediately to mind).

However, I could understand the source of some confusion. It is useful to provide some level of protection of the body of a message so that a bad guy simply can't replace a legitimate body with a bogus one and replay the message. The protection offered must survive mailing list software without requiring such software to fork lift upgrade (which ain't happening).

Eliot