Re: [ietf-dkim] Can vendor's really say they have DKIM support yet?

2006-02-01 14:59:51
Dave Crocker wrote:

or the response. So just implementing

http://mipassoc.org/dkim/specs/draft-allman-dkim-base-00-10dc.txt
without SSP is considered a valid DKIM implementation?

> Thanks for the response. So just implementing
> http://mipassoc.org/dkim/specs/draft-allman-dkim-base-00-10dc.txt
> without SSP is considered a valid DKIM implementation?

As I recall, people have had some debate about this exact point.

I believe, quite strongly, that implementing the core signature mechanism definitely qualifies as implementing DKIM.

Frankly, the IETF isn't the police so this is a pretty moot point. But if you're interested in truth-in-advertising, making explicit that you abide by -base and/or -ssp would at least give an interested person the tools to make a better informed decision.

      Mike