Re: [ietf-dkim] Can vendor's really say they have DKIM support yet?

2006-02-01 16:12:57
On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:37:37PM +0000, Stephen Farrell allegedly wrote:
If you choose to write code based on an Internet-Draft you are
taking a risk that the specification changes before it becomes
a standard.

It's probably not the intent, but this could be read as discouraging
such activity. On the encouragement side, it's worth stating the
obvious that implementing I-Ds is probably one of the best ways to
find problems, oversights and other glitches that are not obvious in
the abstract.

Also, from a "marketing" perspective, the question we used to get in
the early days of DK was "who else?". One expects the same with
DKIM. Pointing to players that are investing the effort and producing
product, albeit with the risk of change, strikes me as more positive
than negative.

In any event, as Mike points out, keen/aggressive vendors are going to
do this regardless of what we think or say on this rather obscure
corner of the Internet.

Mark.