Re: [ietf-dkim] A more fundamental SSP axiom

2006-08-04 18:25:14
So if I set a policy of "I sign all", and a mailing list mangles it,
what exactly
is the mailing list receiving the bounce going to do? Blackhole it? Bounce
the user off the list? Anything useful whatsoever?

That's a matter between the "I sign all" and the list. I would say
that if it hurts, don't do it.

As you say receivers do all manner of things already, including
bouncing content they don't like. Bouncing mail that has attachments,
bouncing mail that is too big. I'm told that some places bounce all
mail that has freemail address in the From:

And are we talking about Mailing Lists today, or Mailing Lists in five
years time after DKIM slowly ramps up? A Mailing List of the future
mail well be verifying incoming mail and make decisions about
re-broadcasting based on "I sign all"?

Mark.