Re: [ietf-dkim] "I sign everything" is not a useful policy

2006-08-06 05:49:37
If I choose to deliver unsigned mail that purports to be from a domain that
says
it signs everything, but I mark it up with flashing lights that say "spoofed"
do
you want that to be a protocol violation? What about my choosing to send it to
my sysadmin for special handling for spoofed mail?  What about...

Well sure, but how about treating it the same as an IP checksum
failure?

You may divert it to some port for analysis - especially in the early
days - but what sort of stack delivers a known damaged packet to the
end point when the transmitter/protocol says to discard known damaged
packets?

DKIM+SSP is defining "damaged".

Mark.