Re: [ietf-dkim] "I sign everything" is not a useful policy

2006-08-05 17:03:53

John L wrote:
Your assertion in the subject is an opinion.  I find the statement below
to be useful.

I think we have a subtle point here.

"I sign everything so please discard unsigned mail apparently from me"
could be useful to recipients.

Plain "I sign everything" isn't.

Having the signer or the ssp publishes tell the evaluator what they should do
with a message is not a good idea, even though it might well seem obvious what
they should do.  That is why my wording for 'i sign everything' is phrased
rather differently than folks are bandying about in this thread.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking