Re: [ietf-dkim] user level ssp

2006-09-07 09:07:29

Michael Thomas wrote:
I've actually implemented this feature from ssp-00 and it does not require
a SSP lookup if there's a valid first party signature. It's no different than the normal operation.

The difference between doing an SSP process when there is signature present, versus only doing one when there isn't is fundamental.

At base the former seems to move SSP from being a basic means of checking for rogue mail, into recruiting the receive-side to be an agent of the From-field domain owner, for enforcing potentially complex operational rules.

Absent compelling demonstration of market need, why are we considering something that, to my knowledge, has no experiential base for the scale and complexity of the open Internet?

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking