RE: [ietf-dkim] SSP = FAILURE DETECTION

2006-09-12 10:51:31
SSP has an advantage when we assume that criminals
are stupid enough to keep sending forged mail. It
has no advantage with look-alike attacks. Guess what
criminals will do.

They will stop using real domains and start using other domains (assuming your
logic plays out).

This is PROGRESS.  This is something positive (not negative).

Today I received a half dozen paypal phishing mails.  All had
"<local-part>@paypal.com" in the FROM header.  SSP can stop that.  SSP can't
solve everything but that's no reason not to let it address what it can solve.

--
Arvel